Synthesis and characterization of functional biomimetic polymers for intracellular delivery
- Interests: Chemistry
- Supervisors: Rongjun Chen
- Host institution: Imperial College London, UK
I got my Bachelor degree in 2012 in Department of Chemistry, Tsinghua University, majored in chemistry and biology. After that, I continued to study in Tsinghua for master degree, majored in polymer chemistry. Under the supervision of Dr. Lei Tao and Prof. Yen Wei, I developed a smart one-pot synthetic strategy, which combines RAFT polymerization and enzymatic reaction. The results were published on ACS Macro Letters (2012,1,1224).Besides that, I’ve been really interested in cell-imaging biomaterials and cooperated with my colleagues in that area.
Now, I am pursuing my PhD Imperial College London, majored in chemical engineering. My research focuses on synthesis and characterization of functional biomimetic polymers for intracellular delivery.
|2014-present||Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Early Stage Researcher. Imperial College London, UK|
|2014||Master of science. Department of Chemistry, Tsinghua University, China|
|2012||Bachelor degree. Department of Chemistry, Tsinghua University, China|
Methods and techniques
- Gel permeation chromatography/ Size exclusion chromatography
- Nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy (NMR spectroscopy)
- ESR5-L: Synthesis and characterization of functional biomimetic polymers for intracellular delivery
Chemical synthesis, characterisation of polymers and nano-objects Objectives This project is focused on development of functional biomimetic polymers which can traverse across cellular membranes to deliver payloads into the cell interior. Synthesis and characterization of pH-responsive, membrane-active polymers. Preparation of therapeutic nanoparticles incorporating chemotherapeutic agents or biological molecules. Understanding and controlling of the trafficking of polymers into a model cellular ...Read more
- Influence of a pH-sensitive polymer on the structure of monoolein cubosomes
Soft Matter, 13, 7571-7577 (2017) Monika Kluzek, Arwen I. I. Tyler, Shiqi Wang, Rongjun Chen, Carlos M. Marques, Fabrice Thalmann, John ...
- pH-Responsive, Lysine-Based, Hyperbranched Polymers Mimicking Endosomolytic Cell-Penetrating Peptides for Efficient Intracellular Delivery
Chem. Mater., DOI: 10.1021/acs.chemmater.7b00054 (2017). Shiqi Wang and Rongjun Chen The insufficient delivery of biomacromolecular therapeutic agents into the cytoplasm of mammalian ...
- Membrane-Anchoring, Comb-Like Pseudopeptides for Efficient, pH-Mediated Membrane Destabilization and Intracellular Delivery
ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, Article ASAP (2017) Siyuan Chen, Shiqi Wang, Michal Kopytynski, Marie Bachelet, and Rongjun Chen Endosomal release has been ...
- Amino Acid Based Hydrogels with Dual Responsiveness for Oral Drug Delivery
Macromol. Biosci. (2016) Shiqi Wang, Xiaoxue Liu, Ignacio J. Villar-Garcia and Rongjun Chen This study reports a series of novel amino acid based dual-responsive hydrogels. Prepared ...