Association of polymers and small solute molecules with phospholipid membranes
- Interests: Mathematics and Physics (theory)
- Education: College of Mathematics and Physics in Nanjing University of Information Science & Technology, Nanjing, China (2011 with honors)
- Master: Universitat Rovira i Virgili 2012
- Supervisor: Vladimir Baulin
|2012-present||PhD student. Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Tarragona, Spain|
|2011 – 2012||MSc degree. Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Tarragona, Spain|
|2010 – 2012||BSc Physics. China|
- Association of polymers and small solute molecules with phospholipid membranes
Theoretical physics, theory in soft matter, computer simulations Objectives In many cases the properties of cell membranes are modified through biopolymers and small solute molecules such as anesthetics or neurotransmitters. They can associate to membranes and significantly alter their structure, either thermodynamic state or induce reorganization in form of pores. The project aims to describe the fundamental ...Read more
- Tension-Induced Translocation of Ultra-Short Carbon Nanotube through a Phospholipid Bilayer
ACS Nano, November (2018) Yachong Guo, Marco Werner, Ralf Seemann, Vladimir A Baulin, and Jean-Baptiste Fleury Increasing awareness of bioeffects and toxicity ...
- Bactericidal activity of self-assembled palmitic and stearic fatty acid crystals on highly ordered pyrolytic graphite
Acta Biomaterialia, 59, 148-157 (2017). Elena P. Ivanova, Song Ha Nguyen, Yachong Guo, Vladimir A. Baulin, Hayden K. Webb, Vi Khanh Truong, ...
- Apatite nanoparticles strongly improve red blood cell cryopreservation by mediating trehalose delivery via enhanced membrane permeation
Biomaterials, 140, 138-149 (2017). Martin Stefanic, Kevin Ward, Harvey Tawfik, Ralf Seemann, Vladimir Baulin, Yachong Guo, Jean-Baptiste Fleury, Christophe Drouet Cryopreservation of ...
- GPU implementation of the Rosenbluth generation method for static Monte Carlo simulations
Computer Physics Communications, 216, 95–101(2017). Yachong Guo, Vladimir A. Baulin We present parallel version of Rosenbluth Self-Avoiding Walk generation method implemented on ...
- Direct proof of spontaneous translocation of lipid-covered hydrophobic nanoparticles through a phospholipid bilayer
Science Advances 2 (11), e1600261 (2016) Yachong Guo, Emmanuel Terazzi, Ralf Seemann, Jean Baptiste Fleury and Vladimir A. Baulin Hydrophobic nanoparticles introduced into living systems may lead ...
- Peroxidised phospholipid bilayers: insight from Coarse-Grained Molecular Dynamics simulations
Soft Matter, 12, 263-271 (2016) Yachong Guo, Vladimir Baulin and Fabrice Thalmann An original coarse-grained model for peroxidised phospholipids is presented, based on the ...
- Graphene Induces Formation of Pores That Kill Spherical and Rod-Shaped Bacteria
ACS Nano, DOI: 10.1021/acsnano.5b03368 (2015) Vy T. H. Pham, Vi Khanh Truong, Matthew D. J. Quinn, Shannon M. Notley, Yachong Guo, Vladimir ...
- General model of phospholipid bilayers in fluid phase within the single chain mean field theory
J. Chem. Phys. 140, 174903 (2014) Yachong Guo, Sergey Pogodin and Vladimir A. Baulin Coarse-grained model for saturated phospholipids: 1,2-didecanoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine (DCPC), 1,2-dilauroyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine (DLPC), 1,2-dimyristoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine ...
- Nanotopography as a trigger for the microscale, autogenous and passive lysis of erythrocytes
J. Mater. Chem. B, 2 (19), 2785-2948 (2014) Vy T. H. Pham, Vi Khanh Truong, David E. Mainwaring, Yachong Guo, Vladimir Baulin, Mohammad ...
- Lipid oxidation induces structural changes in biomimetic membranes
Soft Matter, 10, 4241-4247 (2014) G. Weber, T. Charitat, M. S. Baptista, A. F. Uchoa, C. Pavani, H. C. Junqueira, Y. Guo, ...