Design a particular sequence of amino-acids for specific membrane function.
Particular focus of the project
- Membrane-attaching peptides
- Enhancing permeability of lipid bilayers
- Crossing membranes
- Pore-forming peptides
- Association of polymers and small solute molecules with phospholipid membranes
Theoretical physics, theory in soft matter, computer simulations Objectives In many cases the properties of cell membranes are modified through biopolymers and small solute molecules such as anesthetics or neurotransmitters. They can associate to membranes and significantly alter their structure, either thermodynamic state or induce reorganization in form of pores. The project aims to describe the fundamental ...
Related outreach activities
- Informal ESR meeting of ITN SNAL network 6/7 Novembre 2014
6-7 November 2014 – Roda de Barà, Tarragona, Spain The second article of the Press Release section will be dedicated to the two days spent in Tarragona and organized by the MSCA Early Stage Researchers (ESRs). This meeting aimed to point out the role of ESRs within the ITN-SNAL Network, its possibilities and ...Read more
Related SNAL publications
- Dynamic studies of the interaction of a pH responsive, amphiphilic polymer with a DOPC lipid membrane
Soft Matter, 13, 3690-3700 (2017) Sivaramakrishnan Ramadurai, Marco Werner, Nigel K.H. Slater, Aaron Martin, Vladimir A. Baulin, Tia Keyes Deeper understanding of ...
- Thermal Tunneling of Homopolymers through Amphiphilic Membranes
ACS Macro Lett., 6, pp 247–251 (2017) Marco Werner, Jasper Bathmann, Vladimir A. Baulin, and Jens-Uwe Sommer We propose a theory to predict ...